We are excited to announce Pear Founder Circles for Female Engineers, a three-month long curated community for female and non-binary engineer entrepreneurs.
At Pear VC, we believe founders make category defining companies, and we want to create communities that support these founders through our program of inspirational founders, tactical company building workshops, executive coaches, and community bonding.
Supporting female engineer founders is in our DNA.
Pear VC is co-founded by our Managing Partner, Mar Hershenson, a 3X founder who earned her Stanford PhD in Electrical Engineering and is a supporter for women founders as one of the founding members of AllRaise, Equity Summit and other programs.
Mar was named on the Forbes Midas’s 2021 list of top investors. Mar is also a lecturer at Stanford for Lean Launchpad where she helped increase diversity of enrollment to 50% female.
<15% of VC-backed startups have at least 1 female founder and we want to change this. Female engineers are underrepresented, even when we see female-run businesses achieving a 35% higher ROI.
We are looking for the next generation of female engineer entrepreneurs.
What do you get from this program?
An intimate founder circle of female engineers, guided by successful female founders and leaders.
- Gain a tight-knit community of like-minded aspiring female engineer founders in the same pivotal movement of their career
- Learn from intimate fireside chats and dinners with visionary female leaders and tactical company building and presence workshops
- Gain valuable perspectives from top female general partners on what they look for
- Enjoy curated social events like tastings by our very own portfolio founders: Maker Wine, Siren Snacks and more!
- Eight Wednesday sessions happening every other week in our SF Office in South Park and virtually, sponsored by Pear VC!
Who are we looking for?
- Female or non-binary engineering background
- Actively working on a startup idea part time outside of work, or full time
- A few years out of school
How much does it cost?
- Free! We want to make this community as accessible!
- We expect individuals to commit ~2 hours every other Wednesday and attend all events.
Feel free to reach out with any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing your applications!